How to get admin access for Office 365 Education A1 License

Hi I am a faculty in an educational institution, I am getting the faculty to use office 365 for education with plans to migrate to a higher version later. We do not have an admin for Office 365 for education A1. kindly let me know how we can get office 365 admin control

Tried searching for answers but didn't get any

Hi alansamqln,

Thanks for your patience and posting your issue here. It seems that you would like to know how to get Office 365 admin control in your educational institution. If so, I think you need to contact your institution tenant administrator log in at admin.microsoft.com with the account> click Admin> Users> Active users>  select your name in the list and click Manage role> select Admin center access and choose the role as you required.

For other more information about admin center, please refer About the Microsoft 365 admin center  

And then you can go to https://portal.office.com/account/#subscriptions to check the license.

If there is any misunderstanding, please point out and we would like to further investigate.

Best regards,

Gloria

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

For more clarity, can you shed some light on whether you are A or B ?

A - you are thinking of subscribing to Office365 A1 and not sure how?

B - you are already on Office365 A1, but not sure who the global admin is or who subscribed to it? And you would like to be made admin of the existing office365 as well?

Vincent Choy
Volunteer Contributor

Microsoft doesn't pay me to be here. I am a user just like you. If you find my reply useful, would appreciate if you can click it as helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the screen I get when I login to  admin.microsoft.com

Kindly help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For more clarity, can you shed some light on whether you are A or B ?

A - you are thinking of subscribing to Office365 A1 and not sure how?

B - you are already on Office365 A1, but not sure who the global admin is or who subscribed to it? And you would like to be made admin of the existing office365 as well?

B is my problem which needs to be solved

Kindly help. If I can train my faculty to use microsoft services, then we can slowly move to a better package of Education license from A1

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi alansamqln,

Thanks for clarifying your scenario for B, @MVP appreciate to help us understand what Cx meaning, regarding this situation, I think you need to contact your school to know who is the exact global admin and assign the role of administrator for you to achieve your requirement.

Appreciate your understanding and patience.

Please take care of yourself!

Best regards,

Gloria

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi alansamqln,

Thanks for clarifying your scenario for B, @MVP appreciate to help us understand what Cx meaning, regarding this situation, I think you need to contact your school to know who is the exact global admin and assign the role of administrator for you to achieve your requirement.

Appreciate your understanding and patience.

Please take care of yourself!

Best regards,

Gloria

Dear Gloria,

That's the problem that I am facing, We do not know who it is, partially we have migrated to google for education. There is no proper support from Microsoft in this regard. We do not who is our admin, I dont know whom to call. Faculty have signed in for the free service from microsoft and they are using it. But when it came to setting a microsoft team account and configuring admin settings, we are helpless. I thought this might be a better option to ensure the faculty is exposed to microsoft services. But all efforts is getting wasted

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I spoke with the Microsoft Education contact in my territory. She suggests you have a look at this -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/education/deploy/becoming-an-admin-in-office-365-education 

To fully benefit from the Microsoft offering, it would be good to look for a Microsoft Education Partner to help you implement and teach your staff on how to use the platform.

She has replied as below as well.

Vincent Choy
Volunteer Contributor

Microsoft doesn't pay me to be here. I am a user just like you. If you find my reply useful, would appreciate if you can click it as helpful.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alan

Thank you for your query and your patience. Microsoft Education made it easy for school end-users to sign up for Office 365 Education without an IT Administrator, for faculty to quickly leverage on our free software. 

The way to get administration control is as follows https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/education/deploy/becoming-an-admin-in-office-365-education 

The documentation describes why this is happening to you, and a step-by-step guide on how to take control as an IT Administrator. Perhaps you can assign between two to five IT Administrators to manage the Office 365 tenant for your school.

Echoing VincentChoy, do contact a Microsoft Partner in your country if you're looking for deployment and administration advise. These partners can then transact licenses to you when you decide to upgrade software in future. 

For educator continuous professional development, Microsoft has a free resource here, where we tweak courses of software to suit teaching & learning. The repository has a focus on pedagogy as well. https://www.education.microsoft.com/en-us

Kind regards,

Li Kuan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 1,641 Applies to: