how to enable inline replies in web outlook

Hi I use web outlook (outlook.office.com) for email, and I can't find anywhere to enable inline replies. I've searched online and have not found any answers. I would expect it to be in the outlook settings->compose and reply section but it is not there. All I have there is to choose "reply" or "reply all" by default.

Moved from Email  / Sending, receiving, and reading email

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2020 Views 319 Applies to:
Hi Christian

I'm so sorry you are facing issues! I'm Maggie, an Independent Advisor from thr user community. I love helping other users in the Community by sharing my experience with Microsoft products.

May I suggest that you check the link below, I think you will find it useful considering your request:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

Hope this helps!

I wish you a great day/night :)!
Maggie

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't have that option in my outlook as you can see below, I instead have '...' that will expand the previous email. But it does not indent it or prepend it with '>' to separate my response from the previous text. That is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Christian

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Christian,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you want to temporarily hide the original email or not include the original email when you reply to it in the Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA), please clarify if I missed anything.

I did a lot of test and research about the feature in Office 365 OWA, as far as I know this feature is not available in the OWA, just as you said there is no arrow like this " >" to indent the original email and make the reply text "separate" from the original text.  And based on the Microsoft Official article, the Outlook Desktop has a feature which can make the reply emails do not include the original emails, if you are interested in it, you can have a look at your convenience.  For your reference https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-how-the-original-message-appears-in-replies-and-forwards-1207F4EA-F7CF-4CDF-9298-5982FA2E5E2F.

On another hand, if you like the feature in the OWA, I have found some similar feedback from the Microsoft Outlook Web App UserVoice, it is recommend to vote for the feature and leave your good ideas  there. The dedicated engineers in MS would notice our request and feedback there, they may consider to add this feature into the product and service based on customers feedback in the future, and it will make our future work more suitable. For your reference https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/907141--the-new-outlook-on-the-web-office-365?query=inline%20reply

Hope it is helpful for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Christian !

I've trying to repro your scenario. Sorry to bear bad news, but that's not possible using OWA. (Outlook web) That feature is available just for Outlook desktop app.

best regards !

germain
Germain N.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.