How to download Access 2007

Several years ago I purchased Microsoft ACCESS 7 online, and have been using it on my old computer. I just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. How can I download my Access 7 program to my new computer, or can I upgrade for a nominal price? 

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

There are no 'upgrade versions' of any current Office product/component

If you have a retail version of 2007 and the Key then https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/office

Assuming your Key is versified, download/save before running the install.

Uninstall any pre-installed Office trial first.

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I don't know my Key code. Is there a way to determine it from my installed version of ACCESS 7?

Thanks

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be able to download and use one of these free tools to extract the product key from the old installation

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html  Nirsoft ProduKey V1.45- Office 2003 OK, 2007, 2010, Win Vista)
V1.62 Win 98 to Win 8.  Office 2003-2010

ProduKey may be able to extract product key information from a file saved externally. This is useful if you’re trying to get the key details from the backup of a now defunct machine. Try the /Regfile option.

<snip>

After installing on my system, I ran the program à AS ADMINISTRATOR ß and then clicked on File à Select Source. Once in this menu it may appear a little overwhelming, don’t worry it’s not that complicated and your not going to break anything else. Select the circle next to “Load the product keys from external Software Registry hive”. Now from here you may have to browse to a slightly different location depending on where your windows.old folder is located, but you want to basically browse to the following and open this file:

C:\Windows.old\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE

After opening this file select ok; you may have to wait a few minutes for it to load the hive and give you your keys, but if they’re there you should see them and be able to fresh install your MS Office.

Please note that this did work for my Office 2007, it also gave me my Vista Home & Personal Key, and Internet Explorer... lol! I hope this helps someone else too! And remember backup before you do any upgrading/downgrading/or destruction to you PC.

</snip>

Belarc  http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html  - not only does Belarc extract product keys, it reports on a WHOLE BUNCH of other stuff you want to know. Printing the report, or saving it is probably a good idea.
Win 95-Win8,  V8.4

NOTE: I tested version 8.4 on Windows 8.0. It reported my Office 2003 2007 2010 product keys correctly. BUT for Office 2013 Pro Plus (local install) it did NOT report the key! Gosh Darn!  It reported: 00215-95000-26121-AA381 (Key: ends with G8YGX)f,g   (the “ends with” is correct)

Superscripts f and g say:

NOTE: The process described in the link in “g” is good for Office 365, and MAYBE (I can’t confirm) online purchases of Office 2013. It does NOT work for Office 2013 Pro Plus! (which I have <grin>)

Whether you can actually install and activate on the new computer depends entirely on how you bought Office 2007.

If you bought Office 2007 with the computer, installed and activated at the factory then it is an OEM license and you can't transfer it to a new machine.

If you bought a "Medialess License", an online download, you can't transfer it.

If you bought the big-ugly-ecologically-insensitive-yellow-plastic-box, you probably have a retail license that allows you to install on 2 or 3 machines and to transfer those installations to new machines.

Once you have the product key, use the link that Palcouk provided to get the installation file.  Make sure to keep a copy of it because after October this year you will NO LONGER be able to download it!  That is right, in October Office 2007 is "end of life" and MS will no longer provide ANY updates for it. So it is time to start looking for a newer version.

As Placouk pointed out, MS discontinued offering discounted "upgrade" licenses for loyal customers after 2010. So you will have to buy a full license for what ever new version you get.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 24,933 Applies to: