How to do a offline install of Office 365 Apps for enterprise

Hello,

I am looking to have a downloaded copy of Office 365 that will install as 'Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise' and look like this.

Now you might say this is based on our subscription, but it is not. All our accounts are all the E3 license, and when I install with the online installed downloaded from the office portal, it installs as shown above. We have an issue on our internal network where the online installer gets stuck at 51%. I know this is a known issue and there is a massive list of URL's to allow on our firewall that should resolve this issue. My IT Director has done most of these URL's to no avail. To circumvent this, I downloaded a offline installer, built the XML 'Office Customization tool' and I have tried several options in the XML and it always installs as ProPlus, and looks like this.

As mentioned I used the 'Office Customization tool' and there is an option for 'Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise', but after I install it, it shows as ProPlus.

I am looking for a offline installer that will install Office offline, and show as 'Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise'. I have been to this page for using the offline office installer, and this is how I got started with the offline installer and XML in the first place.

I cannot imagine that we are the only people in the world that have asked for a Office 365 Apps For Enterprise offline installer.

thank you in advanced.

Answer
Answer

Hi Rich,

According to your description, it seems that the problem is related to the Office installation package used for ODT offline installation. And I also assisted you to modify the configuration.xml as following.
<Configuration>

<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Monthly">

<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail" >

<Language ID="en-us" />   

<ExcludeApp ID=" Groove" /> 

<ExcludeApp ID=" OneDrive" /> 

</Product>

</Add>

</Configuration>

Here are the detailed steps:
Step 1:
Copy the above xml content to the Notepad, save it as the xml file.

Step 2:
Open Command Prompt, run the following command to download the Office installation package to local.

Note: After running this command, you will see the Office named folder in the folder and wait for some time till it downloads. Total size downloaded will be 3.04 GB, you can right-click on Office folder> Properties to check it.

Once it finished downloading completely, you will see like the image below in Command Prompt:

Step 3:
At this time, you will get the latest version of Office installation package. Move the installation package folder to C:\Software\Office 365.

Step 4:
Modify the configuration.xml file as shown below.
<Configuration>

<Add SourcePath="C:\Software\Office 365" OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Monthly">

<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail" >

<Language ID="en-us" />   

<ExcludeApp ID=" Groove" /> 

<ExcludeApp ID=" OneDrive" /> 

</Product>

</Add>

</Configuration>

I deleted some unnecessary elements in your xml file. For more information about these elements, please refer to Configuration options for the Office Deployment Tool.

Step 5:
Run setup.exe /configure xxxxx.xml to deploy Office to PC.

And for your second question, in order to ensure that Microsoft and Office related services can be accessed and run normally, we recommend that you add all addresses under Microsoft 365 Common and Office Online to the whitelist. And if possible, it is better to add other addresses to the network whitelist to ensure that related services can be activated normally.

Best regards,
Madoc

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2024 Views 7,957 Applies to: