How to disable the Alternate email address section for every user account in O365

We want to restrict the users from setting the Alternate Email address in their O365 Portal. We would set it up for them but we want them to not have the option to change it according to their requirement. Please suggest if there is any policy or any setting to enforce that.
Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft forum.

About your issue, I'm on my research. I'll reply you as soon as I have done my test. Thank you very much for your understanding and patience!

Regards, 
Qian

---------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi AnkushDeb,

Thank you for your time!

Based on your description, I've tried to do some research and test. 

For admins to edit their alternate email address, they will need to go to the Microsoft 365 admin center > clicking the profile icon > View account > Settings and Privacy. In the Privacy tab, under Contact preferences, select Contact preferences for admins only. See Update your admin phone number and email address.

For admins to edit users' alternate email address, they can go to Microsoft 365 admin center > Users > Active users > selecting a specific user > under the Account tab > in Roles, selecting Manage roles > in Manage roles pane, selecting Alternate email address > Add address.

For an ordinary user (No administrator access) to edit his/her alternate email address via the above My Account > Settings & Privacy > Privacy > Contact preferences path, he/she would not be able to find the alternate email address option.

So, may I know how your users edit their alternate email address? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Qian

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the information here. But we do not want an ordinary user to have the capability to edit his/her own alternate email address. Rather that can only be done by the admin. Let me know how that can be achieved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AnkushDeb,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry but based on my test, ordinary user would not be able to find the alternate email address option. You might not have noticed this in my last reply that "For an ordinary user (No administrator access) to edit his/her alternate email address via the above My Account > Settings & Privacy > Privacy > Contact preferences path, he/she would not be able to find the alternate email address option."

Please kindly correct me if I've missed some points here. And if you don't mind, may I know how your user is able to edit their alternate email address? Thank you.

Qian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 2,938 Applies to: