How to disable Office Upload Center

I want to remove/disable my upload center for office 365. It affects my OneDrive sync and I dont need upload center.

As I am using win8.1 I cant remove integration from Onedrive settings -> office tab because it is not there.
Also cant remove it from registry, its not there.
Removed it from task scheduler and it is not helping.

So a simple question -> using win8.1, office365 -> how to disable or remove office upload center ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi,

For us to assist on your concern, currently there is no way to permanently remove the Microsoft Office Upload Center, for further details on how the Upload Center can be of help, do check this link.

Hope this helps and do get back to us if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have same issue of Upload center creating issues when onedrive downloads a file, and upload center does at same time.

I like one drive product but its creating more headaches than I want. 

PLEASE FIX THIS SH*T!!!!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I followed the link offered by Jomel and all I can say is that this is one of the main sources of dissatisfaction towards Office at this point in time.

The logic behind it makes some sense from an architecture point of view but it brings with it more cons than pros. It strains to much the OS, works poorly with non SSD drives and whenever you have someone with a more dense and complex folder structure in Onedrive.

For people not using Onedrive yet this is a requiremet if you need to use colaboration tools but a pain has the thresholds are not set properly.

From a user point of view this should be seemless, weightless and on demand. Rather than forced upon you.

it is also distasteful the arrogant lack of interest from Microsoft regarding this high impact issue (if you don't believe me just google it).

Collaboration wise the cache needs to be on the server side not the client. I face on a daily basis countless episodes where this solution causes problems with shared files forcing users to colaborate the old fashioned way (creating new files) to be able to work (and i am just referring to people and server in the same network).

Sadly I see the same issue at home has a O365 user. There i am growing even more displeased both with Office uploader and Onedrive file management.

I am starting to see my O365 investment as a costly mistake and currently considering my options.

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I hate jumping in on a topic but have spent over 8 hours of debug and test verification proving the issue is related to the poor sync and file recovery of Upload Center when using O365- Office 2016 with Wiin10 clients.   While we appreciate using a nonprofit version of O365, Upload Center is getting in the way of our office workflow - where we use a very simple, flat directory structure on a workgroup or shared cloud drive. 

It's typical to get a client file (cache) update out of sync with the server. Its possible to the supposed server copy out of sync of the actual file residing on the cloud service. Now add to the mix staff that are not highly proficient to comprehend recovering the correct copy - its a nightmare. We are down to manually recovering files that get overwritten when someone makes a choice to keep their version or the server version is not in sync. 

I'm about to consult with another nonprofit, and I will be warning them of the limitations of file sharing given the  situation with Upload Center

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2024 Views 7,844 Applies to: