Hi, in my work place I do work with Teams and I'm very satisfied with the product. Now I want to use it with my private account, too, since Microsoft offers a free plan and I'm also self-employed. However, I'm not owning an O365 subscription on my private LIVE account that I'm using in my free Team plan, so technically I'm not O365 admin of my organization.
This seems to cause an issue that Microsoft haven't thought of in the first place:
- I invited a friend to my organization to test the features
- He created a Team, so he was owner and he invited me, so I was ONLY member of that Team in my own organization
- Later I removed him from my organization, assuming that I can manage the Team, since this is my organization
I was wrong. Now, I'm member of a Team without owner. I cannot delete the team (there is no option for that, since I'm not the owner) and I cannot leave the team (I get an error message, that a team needs at least one member). The free plan apparently also creates a SharePoint online instance, but there are no settings to manage Teams on SharePoint either.
After searching a bit in the internet, I figured out that I need to access the O365 Admin Panel and delete the Office Group of the Team to get rid of the Team my friend created when he was part of my organization, but .... I cannot do it. When I try to login into the O365 Admin Panel I get the error message that the panel is only accessible using a work or school account, however I'm using teams with my private LIVE account.
I have two questions:
- How can I delete a Team in Microsoft Teams in the free plan when using a private non O365 LIVE account?
- How can I disable permissions that other members of my organization can create any Team?
If I cannot get rid of the Team by myself, I really seek help by any employee of Microsoft. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the product is just not fail-proof, apparently.
Thank you for your help.