How to close my Microsoft 365 account fully and remove credit card information from your database

Hello.

I have recently cancelled my Microsoft 365 subscription and gone through all the backend to remove anything of value. I am now ready to delete this Microsoft365 account but there is no option anywhere in the backend to remove my credit card info or to close the account completely.

I have followed the 5 Microsoft steps to close an account but I can still log in! (therefore the account clearly isn't closed and the credit card is still sitting there).

Can anyone please help me completely close the account and remove all information (such as credit card) along the way?

Thanks.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dear tcCU,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble closing your Microsoft 365 account. To completely close your account and remove all information, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.

2. Go to the Billing page.

3. Select Payment Methods.

4. Find the credit card you want to remove and select Remove.

5. Follow the instructions to confirm the removal.

After removing your payment methods or turning off recurring billing you may go ahead and cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center.

Once you've completed these steps, your account will be closed, and all information, including your credit card, will be removed. Please note that it may take up some days for your data to be completely deleted from Microsoft's servers.

If the issue persists, you may need to create an official Microsoft support ticket via the M365 admin center so that the billing engineer may use their resources to assist you further. Refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue right away. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely~
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No that doesn't work because there is only 1 credit card on file so it does not let me delete it, it demands a card on file at all times, even when my subscription has expired (which it has).

In a perfect world, I need to delete the card so I know it is not being held on file, then delete the account to know that my personal information is not being held.

When closing an account of any kind, this should be standard practice with all the hacks that are happening all the time with large corporations leaking our data on a constant and repeated basis, hence the new GDPR law in the EU (where I reside). It is rare to find a company who make it as hard to safely and fully leave as Microsoft.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I followed all the official instructions here:

and when I do this, it tells me:

"After you complete this final step, your account with Microsoft is closed and deleted."

Well no it isn't, because here I am, still able to login and see my payment info and personal information.

So, again, how do I remove payment information and personal information, then close my account?!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

B u m p.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Useless company, not answering my ticket either, looks like I made the right decision to move to Google Workspace!

Microsoft are not complying with GDPR laws but I guess they're too big to care. Scum.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi ggcgh

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bskkwmalwp

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like close my account

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello.

I have recently cancelled my Microsoft 365 subscription and gone through all the backend to remove anything of value. I am now ready to delete this Microsoft365 account but there is no option anywhere in the backend to remove my credit card info or to close the account completely.

I have followed the 5 Microsoft steps to close an account but I can still log in! (therefore the account clearly isn't closed and the credit card is still sitting there).

Can anyone please help me completely close the account and remove all information (such as credit card) along the way?

Thanks.

feeaafjheesjkuljh

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, I did not open this account. It just happened I noticed it is being done. I do not know who did this. My cellphone currently hacked. Please close this and the whole information. Thank you! Evangeline Legaspi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2024 Views 733 Applies to: