How to cancel Microsoft Project subscription?

Hope that someone can help with this.

I've been searching through my Microsoft account back and forth and I couldn't find where I can cancel my MS Project subscription. That's the ONLY thing I want to cancel because I don't use it (but I use some of the other MS Office stuff like Word, Excel etc.). Can someone point me to a place where I can have this done or to contact someone who can guide me through the entire process and what's required?

Is Project shown on your MS Account under Services or Subs?    https://office.com/myaccount

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Green TechSealants,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

Based on your description, you are asking how to cancel Microsoft Project subscription? Before moving forward, we need more detailed information about the situation you are experiencing.

Kindly share with us the information below:

1. Are you able to see Microsoft project listed under your Services or Subscriptions as asked by Palcouk?

2. Have you tried Login to Project Management Software | Microsoft Project and canceling the subscription from there, see the I want to cancel my Project Plan 1 subscription in MS 365 - Microsoft Q&A?

We look forward to your response. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

***Note: In the event that you're unable to reply to this thread, please ensure that your Email address is verified in the Community Website by clicking on Your Account Name > "My Profile" > "Edit Profile" > Add your Email Address > tick "Receive email notifications" checkbox > click on "Save".***

Sincerely

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi De Paul,

Unfortunately none of the options seem to help. I don't see MS Project under the Subscription tab and the approach on the other link (where you want to start a trial and the system tells you that you already have an account) also didn't work. To be quite hones, I'm not even sure what email address did my boss used to sign up for MS Project. We have a hotmail email that we use for work, two corporate email addresses and he has one personal email (Gmail). So I'm not entirely sure. Can someone from support reach out to us directly via email so we can figure this out?

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Green TechSealants,

Good Day!

I apologize for the delay in responding; I appreciate the time you took to clarify this. I'm doing testing and consulting on this issue and will get back to you as soon as we get useful information.

Meanwhile, Meanwhile, you should look into the account used, as this information may be really beneficial. If you want direct support, I suggest creating an official support ticket with Microsoft for assistance Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Sincerely

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi De Paul,

Unfortunately the links that you provided didn't offer any solution that made sense to me. So if you could investigate with your colleagues and contact us directly via email that would be great. We eally want to sort this out.

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Green Sealants --

Launch Microsoft Project and then click File > Account. In the Product Information section in the upper right corner of the page, look for the e-mail address that is to the right of the Belongs To line. That is the account you should use to log into Office.com, and then you should be able to cancel the subscription based on recommendations from others in this group. Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 5,220 Applies to: