How to add a link to a hero web part in sharepoint

Hi all, 

I created a hero web part in Sharepoint. I attach an image to it. What I want is that everytime i click on that image, it takes me to another site and not the image itself.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Hi Diego9010,

What item (such as image, document or page) did you link to Hero webpart? If you wish to open page instead of an image, then you must link desired page. For detail steps, please see Use the Hero web part

If the issue persists, please provide detail steps you’ve taken link/document etc.  

In addition, please click Edit details icon, as shown below and then take the screenshot of the panel which opens on the right and send it to us.

Thanks,

Neha

-------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hi Neha!

Let me describe you the steps. I wish to open a page, however if I link the desired page I dont get an image in the background. Please see the steps:

I want to link this site: https://x****/sites/xxxx/Bottlers/QSE%20Programs/ on one of the 5 hero parts every time I click on it.

I click on edit details on the first image, you can see that is linked to an image. Does the feature allows you to attach an image and insert a link to that image like on old SharePoint?

If not, then I imagine I have to swith the jpg image for the actual link page desired, the following happens:

I select the option from a a link, and place the link that I want to have opened when the person clicks on the hero:

The link reffers to a sharepoint site, the error says: We couldn't verify this link. Please check the link and make that your site members can view it.

I click open, save as draft, and then publish and this is the result:

The hero becomes white, when I click on it. It does take me to the link I entered, however I would like to have an image in the background.

Is it possible?

Thanks!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Diego9010,

From the URL you provided, it seems like you are trying to link a site in Hero web part. Please note, in Hero web part, we can link image, document or page only.

For reference, please see Use the Hero web part

Thanks,

Neha

-------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From the URL you provided, it seems like you are trying to link a site in Hero web part. Please note, in Hero web part, we can link image, document or page only.

That's ridiculous - he said the link works but wants the image to display.

Diego9010 - use a browser inspector to see what code is being generated and why your image isn't displaying. Most likely some flaw in the way this untested, incomplete modern ui was developed. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2020 Views 1,195 Applies to: