How does Microsoft Online Services Sign in Assistant Works?

Hi,

We have Office 365 for our Email , One Drive, Office Applications.
I've Installed the MOSIA in my pc how does this work ? My Pc is join in our domain. When I logged in My and open the one drive site it asks me password.

Can someone enlightened me how doe MOSIA works.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Here is a wiki introduces the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant (MOS SIA), for your reference:
https://community.office365.com/en-us/w/sso/534

Regarding your situation, would you provide us with some more detailed information about “When I logged in My and open the one drive site it asks me password”, do you encounter this in the desktop OneDrive client or Office 365 portal from browser? Could you also provide a screenshot about this for our reference?

To insert a screenshot, please click on Use rich formatting and select the Insert Image icon.

*Note: On June 17th, this community is migrating to Microsoft Community at http://answers.microsoft.com. If you need further assistance, please post a new question to the Office 365 for business forum beginning June 18th Pacific Time. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Allan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Allan,

I don't get how MOSIA works, i've installed it in my PC. Office 365 Portal - this is single sigin right ? when I logged in with my pc using my domain e.g company\mark i don't have to sign in my outlook client because MOSIA is installed is this correct ? and when i open onedrive Office 365 portal also it should not ask password right because MOSIA is installed ? can you clarify more.

Regards,

Mark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mark,

MOS SIA doesn't mean Single Sign-on, it only works for some special Office application such as Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell/Lync to authenticate to Microsoft Online Services. So you still need to enter your password to Outlook or Office 365 Portal.

*Note: On June 17th, this community is migrating to Microsoft Community at http://answers.microsoft.com. If you need further assistance, please post a new question to the Office 365 for business forum beginning June 18th Pacific Time. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,
Frank

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2022 Views 2,542 Applies to: