How do you remove someone from Site and/or Document Sharing

I know how to share a site and share documents on our Sharepoint Online team site.  There is a lot of documentation showing how to do this.   One thing I cannot find is how to remove someone from being shared to.   In addition, I have not found any info on how to change someone's shared permission.  If they have Edit level permission and I want to change them to Read Only, how is that done?   Or if I want to remove them from accessing that file, how is that done?  

Answer
Answer

hi berkjackson9051,

a. to remove someone from being shared to (stop sharing a document with a user), we can follow these steps:
1. select the shared document > share > shared with > advanced.

2. select the user > remove user permissions.

3. after doing that, click check permissions > type in the user name > check now to make sure he/she has no permissions to this document.

here we should pay attentions to whether the site is shared with some users, if yes, the shared users will also be able to access the documents in this site. we need to delete these users via clicking xxx members > select the users > actions > remove users from group.

4. go back to the shared with, the user joke la is no longer listed there. if he tries to access the document library where the shared document stored, he will no longer see or access the document.

b. to change the user's permission to the shared document to read only, in step 2, select the user > click edit user permissions > select the permission view only.

thanks,
james

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 13,456 Applies to: