How do I tell who has a file checked out in OneDrive?

I need to delete a file from OneDrive. Every time I attempt to do so it says it has been licked for sharing or editing by an unknown user. Since I'm the owner of the account and the file I have attempted to revoke the sharing and I still can;t delete the file. I need to know how I can tell which member has checked out the file. How do I find out who has checked out the file?
Answer
Answer

Hi Michael,

In OneDrive for business, please check if you have revoked the file permission properly for the affected file. For this, please follow the steps below:

1. In browser, go to OneDrive for business.
  2. Select the file you wish to delete, click the Information icon on the right.
  3. Under Has Access, click Change permissions.

4. To stop sharing a link, select the X next to a link to disable it.

5. To stop sharing with a person, select that person, and then select Stop sharing.

After this, try deleting the file. If you still can’t delete the file, please provide the following information to troubleshoot the issue:

1. The file in question is created by you or is shared by another user?
  2. Please provide the screenshot of the message you receive when you try to delete the file.
  3. Is this happening only with a specific file? Please try deleting another shared file which is not important, see if you get the same error.
  4. Is the affected file shared with others?

Thanks,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2023 Views 1,273 Applies to: