how do i span a photo across two pages in microsoft publisher

This has been asked already, but I don't see a clear answer. Or I see confusion in the interpretation of the question.

I am creating a letter-sized brochure (w/facing pages) & would like to have one image spread across pages 2-3 (for ex. I'd like to have the same background image on side-by-side pages). I'm not concerned about the image being skewed by the seam...just can't seem to get it to continue over to the second page.

Is Publisher capable of a "real" 2 page spread (InDesign is the ideal application, but we're tying to set up a simpler solution). When I view in "Two Page Spread" view - it looks perfect, when I choose "Single Page view" (the background picture is gone on 1 page). Same with when printing (it only is featured on one side).

Does Publisher only support single pages w/no images continued on abutting pages?

Hi Melanie,

Unfortunately, it looks like that isn't possible, based on this answer:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

Here's info an a two-page spread in Publisher:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/view-a...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Jason. But I think that post is referring to a gap/space in the binding between pages. I'm trying to figure out if an image can span across 2 pages (I don't mind a gap). Ex. say you have an 8.5" brochure, which opens to 11x17". If there is a 6" circle in the exact middle of the brochure - will that circle appear on both pages when printed or viewed in single page.

I'm leaning towards Publisher is not capable of what I'm asking since it doesn't seem like people are using it this way.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you set up your publication as a booklet side fold you can insert a picture that straddles the two side-by-side pages. When you print the image will be 'cropped' in half.

Here is a screen grab of the publication view:

Here is what happens when I printed to PDF:

and the right side:

I have also known users to crop a picture in half and placing the appropriate half on the adjoining pages. In the past we used a third party image editor to process the original image but I suppose you could also use the built in image editor too. I will leave you to work that out.

DavidF

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 4,976 Applies to: