how do I repair microsoft word?

Word keeps crashing and saying it has an error it must repair and I lose my work. How do I repair Word once and for all?

Hi Elisa, it is a Microsoft Bug the click on repair now has not worked for years. You need to do a normal repair: Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support

Microsoft Office Professional 2021
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
Microsoft Office Professional 2003
Windows 10 Professional
HP ProBook 470 G4

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, my name is Ajibola and I'm excited to help you out today! To Repair Word The steps to access the repair tool vary depending on your operating system. 1. Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner), and select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu. 2. Select the Microsoft Office product you want to repair, and select Modify. Note: This will repair the entire Office suite even if it's just one application you want to repair such as Word or Excel. If you have a standalone app installed, then search for that application by name. 3. Depending if your copy of Office is Click-to-run or MSI-based install, you'll see the following options to proceed with the repair. Follow the steps for your installation type. Click-to-run In the window How would you like to repair your Office Programs, select Online Repair > Repair to make sure everything gets fixed. (The faster Quick Repair option is also available, but it only detects and then replaces corrupted files.) MSI-based In Change your installation, select Repair and then click Continue. 4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair. Learn more: Repair an Office application -- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help! If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept it as an answer, Thank you Kind regards

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 1,194 Applies to: