How do I link my Android phone to my Microsoft account

I would like to link my Android phone to Microsoft account how do I do that

* Moved from Community Center

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Hi BrianneRamirez

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description you posted, it seems that you have an issue with MS Office wherein you want to know how you can link your mobile phone to your Microsoft account.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

In the meantime, we would like you to try the steps provided down below:

Make sure to have both your PC and Android device nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. 

If you start from your PC:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Phone Link, and then select the Phone Link app from the results.

2. You may be asked to sign in to your Microsoft account if you haven't already signed in with Windows.

3. Install or open the Link to Windows mobile app on your Android device. To do this, open a web browser on your Android device and then enter the link that's displayed on your PC (www.aka.ms/yourpc).

4. Sign into the mobile app with the same Microsoft account that you signed in to on your PC.

5. Once you've signed in, go back to your PC, select the I have the Link to Windows app ready check box, and then select Pair with QR code

Note: If you'd like to pair your device without using a QR code, select Pair manually on your PC instead. You'll be prompted to enter a code on your Android device.

6. A popup window with a QR code will appear on your PC screen.

7. In the mobile app on your Android device, select Link your phone and PC. When asked Is the QR code on your PC ready? select Continue.

8. You'll be asked permission for the app to access your camera. After accepting, an in-app camera will open. Use this camera to scan the QR code displayed on your PC.

9. After scanning the QR code, you may be asked for additional Android permissions. These permissions allow you to access content from your phone on your PC.

10. Follow the prompts on your Android device and then select Done. Then return to your PC to explore the Phone Link app.

Referenced link: Phone Link app requirements and setup - Microsoft Support

Let me know if this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 4,085 Applies to: