How do I keep Stock functions from automatic updating? The blogs tell us to go to right-click on Data Type but when I right-clicked on Stocks, nothing showed up. What am I doing wrong? thanks.

How do I keep Stock functions from automatically updating? The blogs tell us to go to right-click on Data Type but when I right-clicked on Stocks, nothing showed up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. I am using MS 365 and Windows 11.

Hi Bert I'm AnnaThomas and I'd happily help you with your question. In this Forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. You can change the refresh settings for the Stock data type in your workbook. Here’s how: Right-click a data type in your workbook, and then select “Data Type” > “Refresh Settings”. In the “Data Types Refresh Settings” pane, select the option you want. You can choose to refresh when you open the file, manually, or automatically every five minutes. When you change this setting, it is saved with the workbook. This is a workbook-specific setting. If you are still having trouble finding the “Refresh Settings” option when right-clicking on a Stock data type, make sure that you have selected a cell containing a Stock data type before right-clicking. Reference: https://insider.office.com/blog/refresh-stock-quotes-automatically-in-excel I hope this helps ;-), let me know if this is contrary to what you need, I would still be helpful to answer more of your questions. Best Regards, AnnaThomas Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2024 Views 156 Applies to: