How can I update the taken dates from photos transferred from google photos without opening each one?

I transferred almost 30K photos and videos from google photos to one drive, almost all has the taken date set as the date they were transferred so it's not possible to sort them in chronological order. I searched and found it's a common problem, then I noticed if I open the picture on my laptop the taken date is set correctly, so I found a workaround but it's not useful as I don't want to open each of my 30k files. Is there a way to set the correct taken date automatically?

|

Hello Alfredogd, Welcome to Microsoft Community. I am a Microsoft user just like you, I hope you are doing well. Sorry for the inconvenience. How did you export these photos from Google? However, I will suggest that since you have the correct taken date when you open these pictures on your PC, instead of uploading these photos to your OneDrive, simply drag and drop the photo/video folder containing these files into your OneDrive directory and check if it maintains the correct taken date. You can run a test with a few photos. I have attached a thread with similar inquiry as you may find them helpful: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/16dc488f-916d-49de-a25f-e0066444d09e Looking forward to your response. Warm Regards

Raymond K
Understand that I do not have access to any user's account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 20 Applies to: