I'm debating between buying Office 2019 for my new laptop or just keeping Office 2016. Task linking to contacts is critical to my productivity. Is the process to link Tasks to contacts in 2019 the same as 2016 using Registry...but presumably change it to 19.0?
- Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\preferences.
- Right-click on the right-side, then point the mouse cursor to New.
- Click on DWORD. Paste showcontactfieldobsolete as New Value#1, then hit Enter.
Press Windows key+R. Type regedit, then hit Enter.
- Right-click on showcontactfieldobsolete, then click Modify.
- Put on Value data = 1 to enable, Value data = 0 to disable.
- Click OK.
- Restart your Outlook to save the changes.