How can I get my emails from msn.com to sync on my Mac and iPhone?

I had a Blackberry before my IPhone.  On the BB, when I read an email received using my Windows Live account (@msn.com), which I also use as my default email on my Mac, I was asked if I wanted to delete the message from my phone only, my computer only, or from both.  The msn is a pop account.  Now that I have my IPhone, I can not get my phone email and my computer email to sync the same way.  I understand, from an hour on the phone with Apple support, that an imap account will work that way--ex., my yahoo acount.  When I delete a message from my IPhone it also deletes from my yahoo account.  However, I don't often check that account because we use the msn account for the majority of emails and the msn is set up in the computer's mail account.   I was told that because it is a pop account there is possibly no way to make them sync that way.  I wonder if anyone else has run across this issue and if there is any solution at all?  Is it possible to set up an msn.com account using imap on my computer?
Answer
Answer

Unfortunately MSN accounts in Outlook 2011 for Mac cannot be configured as an IMAP type, the only option available to setup as POP3 type.

If this is a feature you’d like to see in future versions of Office for Mac, be sure to send your feedback by clicking “Help” > “Send Feedback…” in any Office application or by clicking on the link below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

mBox mail works with IMAP for Microsoft Hotmail accounts. Maybe it will work with msn.com, too

http://fluentfactory.com/mboxmail-for-mac/purchase.php

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 9, 2023 Views 2,242 Applies to: