How can I get Excel to use the typestyle I've indicated when opening in a browser?

I created a multi-sheet workbook in Excel 365 (Windows 10), specifying the "theme font" (typeface) to be Arial/Arial. I then save the workbook on SharePoint. When I subsequently open the workbook from SharePoint in a browser window (Edge), the typefaces are mixed...some still appear to be Arial but others are a serif face, sometimes they are all a completely different typeface. Regardless of what they look like on the screen, the font listed on the ribbon still says "Arial" when you click on a cell with text that clearly is not Arial.

This is all happening on one computer. Is Arial no longer a standard typeface? I would like Excel to appear consistently and predictably across browsers. How can this be achieved?

Below are screenshots:

Open on desktop in Excel

Open in browser

|

I'd suggest you create a support ticket to Microsoft for such bug.

Please contact your admin/IT department create a support ticket via Microsoft 365 Admin Center> Support> New service request. Support team there will have the correct channel and resources to help you investigate more and find what exactly the reason has caused this situation.

Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

About how to find the admin in your organization, you can refer to How do I find my Office 365 admin

•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 9 Applies to: