How can I get a 6-digit code on my Microsoft authenticator app?

Hi,

I'm having difficulty getting a 6-digit code from my Microsoft authenticator app. Currently I am only seeing an 8-digit code. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app using a QR code but was unable to do this, apparently because it is a personal account. I need the 6-digit code to log in to my gov UK account.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Answer
Answer

Hi Katharyn_180, My name is Tim and I’m sorry to see you’re experiencing issues. I will gladly assist you today. Have you used the below instructions? If you have the account already on MS Authenticator then remove it! Goto your MS account https://account.microsoft.com/ Scroll down until you find "Security", expand the section and find and click the link "Additional security options". A little way down the page click the link "Add a new way to sign in or verify". Select "Use an app" from the popup dialog. click the link in the body text "set up a different Authenticator app." and you will be presented with a QR code Open the MS Authenticator app on your phone click the "+" to add an account, then click "Other (Google, Facebook, etc) Scan the QR code. Give back to the community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating of this reply solved your problem. Please click Yes or No below. If you require any further information then please don’t hesitate getting it contact. I will be more than happy to assist you further. Kind regards Tim

64 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 19,099 Applies to: