How can I find and access all Microsoft accounts for myself?

I feel like a noob asking this question, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how all my accounts are currently set up. Here is the source of my confusion:

1. When I try to log into the M365 admin center using my personal email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), it accepts the address but not my password.

2. If I try to use 'Forgot my password', I'm told that I can't reset my own password because password reset isn't properly set up for your organization (expected).

3. If I click 'contact your administrator', it sends an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The issue is that although I have my email routing configured so I still receive this email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I don't actually have a Microsoft account under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. If I try to log in using that email address, I go back through this same loop.

I'm sure that the source of this issue is that I have a 'Work or school account' under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, as well as a personal account. However, I don't see any way of accessing this work organization (mydomain.com, for example) in order to reset the password for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've tried logging into Azure, but since I can only access my personal account, the Azure Active Directory there is not helpful.

If this indeed a noob question and there are Microsoft docs or a previously answered question that will help me fix my own issue, please provide me with a link to that and I'll happily keep trying to resolve the issue on my own.

Thanks!

P.S. - the 'mydomain.com' tenant/organization is basically empty, as it's just my sandbox for Power Platform and M365 development, so I'd also be open to instructions on how to completely delete it and start over if it's beyond repair.

Hi Richard,

I'm Michelle and I'd be glad to help you out with your query or concern.

Kindly do Watch: Let users reset their own passwords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6KQzM17_88

Check out this video and others on our YouTube channel.

Then, please do follow these steps:

In the Microsoft 365 admin center, in the left navigation pane, select Settings > Org settings, and then Security & privacy.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2072756

Under Let your people reset their own passwords, select Azure AD admin center.
In the left navigation pane, select Users, and then on the Users - all users page, select Password reset.
Select All to enable self-service password reset, and then select Save.

This should work now.

I hope this information helps you. If you have any questions, please do let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist you further with this.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best Regards,

Michelle

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the guidance. Unfortunately, my issue is that I am the admin (actually the only member of this organization) and am not able to login to the M365 admin center or Azure using the work account in question. Therefore, I can't enable SSPR or reset my own password through Azure.

Any other suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Richard,

You can't sign in to Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune. You might be trying to sign in by using a portal such as https://login.microsoftonline.com. Or, you might be trying to sign in by using a non-browser–based app, such as one of the following:

Office apps, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Office apps on mobile devices, such as Office Mobile, Teams, and Microsoft OneDrive for Business (formerly Microsoft SkyDrive Pro)
Azure Active Directory Sync
Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell
Dynamics CRM

The following conditions might cause this issue:

Your subscription has expired.
Your user account is not enabled.
You're locked out from your user account.
You tried to sign in with the wrong user name and password.
The password you tried to sign in with is temporary and expired. (This might happen if your user account is new or your password was recently reset.)
Your password has expired.
You're blocked from signing in.
If you're a federated user, single sign-on is not working.

To diagnose and automatically fix several common Office sign-in issues, you can download and run the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
https://aka.ms/SaRA-OfficeSignInScenario

I hope this now helps better.

Best regards,

Michelle

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not having issues signing into Office 365. It is the Microsoft 365 organization (aka Azure Active Directory tenant) that I'm unable to access. The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant requires me to sign into my account, so that's not helpful to me, since signing into my Microsoft account is the issue.

Does anyone know of a way I can get support directly from Microsoft for this issue? It seems to me that at this point I just need them to completely remove that organization so that I can start a new one.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm Diane, an Office Apps & Services MVP.

If you need to delete an Office 365 tenant and cannot log in to delete it, you will need to call business support to have the tenant deleted.
https://support.microsoft.com/topic/contact-microsoft-office-support-fd6bb40e-75b7-6f43-d6f9-c13d10850e77

Diane Poremsky [M365 Apps & Services MVP]
https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, Diane!

I would have rather been able to unlock my global admin account (aka work or school account associated with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***), but if that's not possible, then I will use the link you've provided to request tenant deletion.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 3,187 Applies to: