How can I determine what the skydrive account is that I used to store my data associated with One Note 2010 on my PC (Iphone and IPAD)??

I have One Note 2010 on my PC, Iphone and IPAD.  At the time when I installed it on all three, I used a MicrosoftLiveID/skydrive account and used it to store my info on SkyDrive and link the one note between the three devices.  It worked fine.  However, for some reason, after using it with no problem on all three for about 4 months, the other day I went on my IPAD and wasn't able to open One Note and synch to the account.  I reinstalled the One Note ap but  can't remember WHAT my skydrive account was.  I had set up a few different ones over the years (hotmail, outlook, etc.).  Is there anyway to determine this from looking on One Note on the PC so I can reconnect on my laptop and so I can access my data from anywhere on skydrive?  I tried a few accounts I remembered but they turned out not to be the skydrive account I used...

Hello,

For security reasons it is not possible to find out which email account is used to synchronize OneNote data.

I would suggest you to login to email accounts using the following link and check if any of the synced notebooks show up there.

https://skydrive.live.com/

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance, you may reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have exactly the same problem. OneNote was synching Notes to somewhere (you could see that because of the symbols in OneNote), but I had no idea, to which account.
And today I upgradeded to Office 2013 and now I have a huge problem. I can't open my notebooks at all now, because Skydrive wants me to login to my account first. I desperately tried all my accounts again but I was not successful to find those notebooks. But I need them back!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same problem. OneNote was synching Notes to somewhere (you could see that because of the symbols in OneNote), but I had no idea, to which account.
And today I upgradeded to Office 2013 and now I have a huge problem. I can't open my notebooks at all now, because Skydrive wants me to login to my account first. I desperately tried all my accounts again but I was not successful to find those notebooks. But I need them back!

Hi,

As suggested in the previous post, for security reasons it is not possible to find out which email account was used to synchronize the OneNote data. You may sign into the SkyDrive account using the browser and check if any of the synced notebooks show up there.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is just ridiculous. I had all my work info stored on OneNote and then my laptop was stolen. I only created a Microsoft email as I wasn't able to use my other email addresses for OneNote, so didn't use it regularly. Can't remember it, can't recover it - all my work lost. 

Last time I'm using a MS product for something like this. Evernote it is then. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem with doing this is that the names of the notebooks and the dates are apparently not synchronizing.  So I thought I saved my notebooks to one SkyDrive account today, but when I go to SkyDrive on the web, it shows three notebooks with old names and date modified as two years ago, when they were created, not today's date when I renamed them and changed them.

So you keep telling us to find out by checking SkyDrive on the web.  This might actually work if OneNote synch worked properly.  On the desktop it shows the three notebooks were synchronized a few minutes ago, not a few years ago.  

So I'm looking at my other SkyDrive accounts to try to find if they updated there with the correct name and date.  Sigh.   So how do I fix the synch problem??  I tried signing in and out of the desktop and the cloud apps, but nothing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, It says to sign in to sync but have been unable to get into my onenote ipad and iphone accts.  Also how do I sync all of them including my computer.

Thanks so much

Pat

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,391 Applies to: