how can i change the 10 MB message size limit in the transport confige

hybrid with exchange 2010, i noticed that one cloud user couldn't send a 20MB e mail to on premise user, in the trace it shows that the message exceeded the size limit, using PS get-transportconfig i can see the defaults are set to 10mb which i believe the reason for the issue, example:

InternalDsnMaxMessageAttachSize                             : 10 MB (10,485,760 bytes

i need to change that to 30mb to match the on premise exchange limit,, i tried all logical commands with no luck

Answer
Answer

Hi Robert

thanks a lot for the follow up and the support, looks like i was right, the o365 inbound connector had 10 mb restriction on it. this is by default! strange it does not match the 35 on the cloud users, it makes more since to me to have those matched, however, can you help me with the transport config command? i want to confirm that i can change that, i can see some articles saying that its not possible and the only way to change is over the subscription or the mailbox level

can you please provide an all in one article that explains how one can change allowed e mail size on exchange online?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 898 Applies to: