Hmm looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you

We load monthly department reports in PDF format into a Sharepoint (Office 365 Sharepoint Online) document library.

Only the management group members have access to this library to upload and review documents.

We prefix the document names in the sequence of the meeting agenda.

The meeting participants are communicating via Skype for Business and viewing the various documents by opening the first document in the series and then using the  < Previous Next > scroll function (top right of the Sharepoint pdf preview window) to move through the documents.

This works fine if one person is looking at the document library...

BUT

when all 7 members of the management team are trying to do the same thing the pdf will flash open in the browser and then the dreaded

"Hmm... looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you" error appears for some people and they have to download the pdf and open it in Acrobat.

Of course the message is rubbish but does anyone have any idea on why this is happening?

It is browser independent - we use Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox for various reasons - all of them display the pdf in the browser if we access the library individually but misbehave during the meetings.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested from my side in the same situation as you mentioned and I can also see the same error message.

For this issue, we may need to involve back end access, please refer to the following article to raise a ticket:

Contact support for business products - Admin Help

Best Regards,

Gloria

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2021 Views 5,716 Applies to: