Highlighted Text Barely Visible on iPad

I wrote an email last week and noticed that on the iPad, the highlighted text is barely visible. Here is how it looks on a MacBook.

And this is how the same message looks on an iPad.

If you look very closely, you can see the highlighting, but it would never jump out at you, which misses the point of highlighting text. How do I fix the barely-visible highlighting?

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2019 Views 18 Applies to:

Hi Marty  Scholes,

Thank you for providing the screenshoots to us, which help us understand your scenario clearly.

From the screenshoot, it seems this issue is related with the display settings on your iPad. Given this situation, below are some steps you may try to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Adjust your iPad display settings.

2. Change to a different colour of the highlighted Text.

3. If convenience, you may turn off the Dark mode on your iPad to work around this issue.

If the issue persists, please kindly provide following information to us: 

1. If you checked this email in a different iPad, is there any difference?

2. If you highlight a text with the same yellow colour in other programs(with the Dark mode enabled in your iPad), for example in Word, is there the same result? 

Regards,

Jennifer

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jennifer,

Thanks for the reply. My primary concern was recipients of my email who view it in an iPad, or when I received highlighted text from other email authors. In the former case, I would need to leave a note in the email that it might not be visible on an iPad and that iPad users should adjust their display settings. That does not strike me as a professional way to send an email. It seems to be much simpler if the Outlook email client behaved as expected when it renders highlighted text.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Marty  Scholes, 

Many thanks for your reply, I fully understand your concerns and I agree with you that the highlighted text with yellow colour should behave as expected in the Outlook for Mac client. 

Given this situation, when you are the sender, we recommend that you try other colors, such as red, to highlight text. At the same time, we recommend that you turn off the dark mode so that when you become the recipient, you will not miss the highlighted text with yellow. We will highly appreciate if you would understand for this.

Moreover, to improve our products and provide a better user experience to you, we will be very grateful if you could send your feedback to our products team in the UserVoice forum. The products team is monitoring the customer's feedback actively and will update the products in the future updates.

We appreciate your valuable comments. Thanks for your time and efforts.

Best regards,

Jennifer

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.