Help with resettting multi-factor authentication (MFA) for a Microsoft business admin account

Hello,

I recently accidentally deleted the Multi-factor authentication (MFA) account linked to my small busines'Microsoft admin account on the Microsft Authenticator app . So I can no longer access my admin account because I need the MFA and the MFA account is deleted. Unfortunately, I can't reset the MFA for this account because it's the only admin account, so I'm stuck. I understand that someone at Microsoft needs to rest the MFA for this account for me, as mentioned here: Microsoft Community link.

Unfortunately, I can't use this online support https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/, for business accounts because again I need to be logged in as the Microsoft admin and I can't access this account...

I am stuck in this vicious circle, unable to run my business, and can't find any support from Microsoft.

Can anyone help me with this critical issue?

Thanks!

|

Dear Lexignot,

Good day. Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your Office 365 account due to the loss of your multi-factor authentication details.

Basically, to reset your Authenticator app, you need to follow these steps with the admin credentials:

1. Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center and sign in with your admin credentials.

2. Click on Users > Active users.

3. Select your user account and click on Reset multi-factor authentication under More settings.

4. Follow the prompts to reset your multi-factor authentication.

However, with respect to your inquiry concerning the ability to access the only administrator account, please understand that this is an especially sensitive issue involving your account and password details; therefore, it's not suitable to discuss it in this publicly accessible Microsoft forum.

We prioritize the security and privacy of your organization. Therefore, we suggest contacting our Data Protection Team directly. You can reach them through our hotline, and the support team will create a Service Request ticket for you. Find Microsoft 365 for business support phone numbers by country or region - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn or Global Customer Service phone numbers - Microsoft Support.

Our Data Protection Team will ensure that your organizations data is secure and will email privately.

Sincerely
Md Shamim Ahmed | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for your response Md Shamim Ahmed MSFT.

After four calls, each lasting an hour or more, I was finally able to create a ticket with the data protection team. Unfortunately, this ticket will not be resolved in less than 48 business hours. I understand I'm not the only one experiencing technical issues, but I find it excessive to wait this long for a simple MFA reset for one account.

Considering all the impacts and losses to my business due to my administrator account being blocked, and the limited support from Microsoft, I feel extremely frustrated and hopeless.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thanks for your response Md Shamim Ahmed MSFT.

After four calls, each lasting an hour or more, I was finally able to create a ticket with the data protection team. Unfortunately, this ticket will not be resolved in less than 48 business hours. I understand I'm not the only one experiencing technical issues, but I find it excessive to wait this long for a simple MFA reset for one account.

Considering all the impacts and losses to my business due to my administrator account being blocked, and the limited support from Microsoft, I feel extremely frustrated and hopeless.

I am writing to express that I am in a very similar situation as you described. I am the administrator for two accounts, including the tenant account for Panamex-Zero.com. Despite this, I am unable to recover access to my tenant account.

The engineer, Harini G, from the Microsoft 365 Data Protection Team does not seem to understand the critical importance of regaining access.

My access was blocked by Microsoft itself due to the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) activation request I made.

It has been three days without access to my emails, which is severely impacting my business operations. The delay in resolving this issue is causing significant frustration and hopelessness. I urge Microsoft to expedite the resolution process for MFA resets, especially in cases where the account access is crucial for business continuity.

Daniel Sanchez

Administrator, Panamex-Zero.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I sent the email:

Urgent Assistance Required for Multi-Factor Authentication Reset

Greetings,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to follow up on my previous request for assistance regarding the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) reset for my Global Administrator account. The case ID for my request is 240520004000946. It has been three days without access to my emails, which is critically affecting my operations.

Here is a summary of my situation:

• Account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (panamexzero.com)

• Issue: The authenticator app is not functioning correctly, and I am unable to access my account.

• Attempts: I have tried reaching out through phone support, but with no success.

I understand that MFA is a crucial security measure; however, I am currently the only administrator for my tenant, and immediate access is essential.

Attachments: Please find attached screenshots and other relevant information from my previous communications.

I kindly request your urgent assistance in resetting the MFA or providing an alternative solution so that I can regain access to my account. If there are any additional steps or information needed from my side, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt attention to this matter.

Daniel Sanchez

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2024 Views 693 Applies to: