Forms Character Limit vs SharePoint List Character Limit

Hi all,

Unless I'm misunderstanding the solutions given to others, I'm stuck with a problem of moving Forms data to a SharePoint list using Power Automate.

I have a form published to the business where they place requests, one recently went over 255 characters in a text field and the flow broke, as List column has a 255 character limit.

Obvious solution would be:

- Limit what can be entered in MS Forms to 255 characters(Short Answer vs Long Answer? Doesn't advise what the limits are?)

- Expand what can be added in Lists (Options available are between 1 - 255 characters)

I feel there might be an obvious answer I'm missing, however the "Multiline" format for the List column doesn't appear to work for me, either. It seems a bit absurd to me that we have this great functionality to capture and organise data, but get scuppered by misaligned character limits.

Appreciate any support!

Best,

Chris

Answer
Answer

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting in the community.

For SharePoint “Single line of text” column does have the 255 characters limit, as you mentioned, the workaround is to change the “Single line of text” column to “Multiple line of text” column. Here is a thread where members discussed a similar issue. Please try to recreate the item creation step in your flow.

If the issue still exists, please share the screenshot of the Multiple line of text column settings and the screenshots of your flow.

Regards,

George

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 2,221 Applies to: