Forgot my Microsoft Account, cannot login to download Office

My Microsoft Office Home&Business 2013 stopped working all of a sudden. I checked out on Support what to do and I had to download FixIt program. It uninstalled Office, and that's it. Now, I have to install Office again. I have product key but I've lost/forgot Microsoft Account's user name (and password) and there is no way to retrieve it back. So, I created new account (this one) to try and download Office from another account, but there's no way to do it because product key is stitched to another account.

My questions are:

What to do?

Is there a way to get Microsoft account's user name through MS Office product key?

Is it possible to retrieve account's user name, and how to do that?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Office community.            

In order to reinstall Office 2013 you need to visit www.office.com/myaccount using the email account which was associated with Office 2013 product key.

You will not be able to associate the product key with another account since the product key is
already associated with a different account.

For issues related to forgotten email account which was associated with Office 2013, click on the
following link: http://commerce.microsoft.com/help

Once you are on the page, under Billing Help, select Getting help then click on Contact Support select the product, Office 365, Select Security, Privacy and accounts and under Category select Managing my account, further Contact Phone or Chat support for more help on this issue.

Hope this information helps you. In case you need assistance with the Office applications, reply to us.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2021 Views 2,974 Applies to: