Finding and Deleting a "hidden" image in Word Document

Bear with me this is complicated.

I am having trouble locating a "hidden" JPG in a Word doc. I'm a Mac using Word for Mac v16.

Here's my process:

1. I insert a client logo into the header portion of a press release.

2. Then save the document as the client's name.

3. When it's time to create a PR for another client I open the last Word doc I did, change the logo (using the command "Change Picture") and Save As that client's name.

4. My next step is to email the Word doc. When I attached the doc, I Preview it to double-check that it's the right one. The Preview displays the old image in the header. When I Open the file (vs Preview) it appears correct as the new image.

I've run some tests and turns out that when the Word doc is received on the other end of someone's email, the header image is the original one still, unless they open the document, then it's correct. UNLESS they open the attachment on their phone. In that case, the original (wrong) image remains regardless of Previewing or Opening fully.

I've deleted everything in the Word doc and the "hidden image" still appears when Previewed. When the "blank" document is opened, saved on my phone, and printed the "hidden image" prints!

Can someone shed light on this issue, please?

Answer
Answer

Hi Bob, Just to keep you up to date, with my add-in installed, the controls appear on the Developer tab of the Ribbon, as with the Windows version. The properties are editable:

Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 350 Applies to: