Exporting appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar

I am trying to import appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar via a CSV file and everything works well except required attendees. When I put in attendee's emails they are not loaded into the Outlook Calendar. I want to have attendees listed in each appointment as well as having outlook send the appointment request to the required attendee, though I am not sure the appointment request is a possibility.

Answer
Answer

Hello Toadlink,

Sorry for not replying you promptly as I’m continuing to find a workaround. Since I noticed you are using CSV file to import meetings, I was thinking a PowerShell method, and by searching you may review below steps:

1. Compose a CSV file with the heads like:

2. Customize a PowerShell script like (please modify it as below script isn’t strict and have no checking):

3. Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell and run the script.

Here are some articles I can find, hope they may help: ApplicationClass Class PowerShell.

To be honest, Outlook Import feature only import items or objects from one file into Outlook, it won’t further trigger other mechanism to auto-send meeting invites to attendees. To send invite to attendees, if you are not satisfied with above method, I’m afraid you need to updating meetings one by one in Outlook directly. I’m sorry as by searching I haven’t found out an efficient way to workaround this and meet your requirements.

According to this, I recommend you to submit a feedback in Outlook UserVoice. You may also paste the link of feedback here, so other member checking this thread can vote for it. Besides, if any members viewing this thread, welcome and share any information with us.

Best Regards,

Anna

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 4, 2020 Views 439 Applies to: