Export report to MS Word with formatting intact?

I have designed a report in MS Access 2010 and got it to look in Print Preview pretty much as the user wants it, but I need to export it to Word so it can be printed special (as a booklet) and with some additional formatting that I cannot do in the Design View of Access. So, when I export it to Word to put the finishing touches on it, the solid lines I added to the report not in the .rtf file when I open it in Word.

If I print the report directly out of Access, the lines do print out in the report. Is there a way I can preserve the lines when the report is exported to MS Word as an .rtf

Marty

Answer
Answer

Hi Marty,

Unfortunately, when you export a report to Word / RTF graphical elements like lines, ole objects, and attachment fields are not exported.  In order to preserve your line, you would need to export your report to a different format like PDF or XPS.

The following article has a section called “Troubleshoot missing and incorrect values in a text file”.  Within this section it discusses “missing pictures, objects, and attachments”.

Export data to a text file - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/export-data-to-a-text-file-HA010006905.aspx

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

Microsoft Online Community Support

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 13,331 Applies to: