Expiration of Trial

This version of Office came w/ my computer some years ago.   I have used Office for many years personally and in my business.  I should be entitled to an upgrade but do not know why my email address won't be accepted.  Where do I go from here.  I did not know I was on some kind of trial basis.

Hello Sir Rob(2),

Generally upgrade option is depends on different types of subscription plans such as Microsoft365 Business, Microsoft 365 Family or Microsoft 365 Personal subscription and Office Home & Student 2019 or Office Home & Business 2019. Since we don’t have any information about your subscription type, we will provide you information for all and based on your subscription plan, as per What version of Office am I using? Check the information.

A. For Microsoft365 for Business:

• If your Microsoft 365 for business subscription is associated with your work or school email account (these versions of Office are usually licensed to you through your work or school), you have the latest version of Office as long as you keep it up-to-date.

B. Microsoft 365 Family or Microsoft 365 Personal subscription:

• Microsoft 365 Family or Microsoft 365 Personal subscription, you already have the most current version of Office at no additional cost and should already receive the latest features to your Office apps.

C. Office Home & Student 2019 or Office Home & Business 2019:

• This is one-time purchase, which means you pay a single, up-front cost to get Office apps for one computer. One-time purchases are available for both PCs and Macs. However, there are no upgrade options which means if you plan to upgrade to the next major release, you'll have to buy it at full price.

For your reference, please check How do I upgrade Office?

Thanks and regards,

Ankita Vaidya

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have checked thru WORD, and my copy is "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013".
Says I must activate before I can do anything!!!   How do I activate.   You do not have 

me in your system, apparently.  EXCEL will not let me do anything without "ENTER A PRODUCT KEY" or "ADD LAPTOP TO AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT".  

Please help, I need these documents

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have checked thru WORD, and my copy is "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013".
Says I must activate before I can do anything!!!   How do I activate.   You do not have 

me in your system, apparently.  EXCEL will not let me do anything without "ENTER A PRODUCT KEY" or "ADD LAPTOP TO AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT".  

You are referring to "upgrade", but program on my laptop indicates I am not licensed and therefore cannot upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I do - please help asap.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are referring to "upgrade", but program on my laptop indicates I am not licensed and therefore cannot upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I do - please help asap.

If I "buy" a Microsoft 365 Family (a lower grade product?) will all my current data files be available???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Sir Rob(2),

Thanks for posting back. For activate your Office, we recommend you to please refer the Troubleshoot steps mention in Unlicensed Product and activation errors in Office.

For the best practice, we always recommend to take back of your data before uninstall Office  and further since this is Microsoft 365 for Business online team, while your concern is related with Microsoft 365 Family and Office 2013, so if you need any further assistance for that products, please create new post in correct category such as Microsoft 365 for Family and Office 2013, so that team experts will batter help to assist you for your query.

Many thanks for your kind understanding and co-operation.

Thanks and regards,

Ankita Vaidya

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 35 Applies to: