Expand the color palette in OneNote

Hello,

Is there any possible way to change or expand the color palette (for tabs, tags, etc.) in OneNote (2013)?

I have looked repeatedly online for some way to do this either through the program itself or via an add-on. However, I continue to come up empty.

I have been using OneNote now for several months and I am absolutely thrilled with all of its functionality. However, every single time I create a new section or look at my Notebook list, I seriously consider chucking the whole thing for two reasons:

1)  I absolutely loathe the pastel colors and
2)  it infuriates me that some person in some office in Redmond, WA was presumptuous enough to decide which colors I can or cannot use.

I fully understand that there are those users who really like or even love these particular colors. However, I cannot for the life of me understand why other colors would not be available as well. Can someone explain that thinking to me?

I am very hopeful that someone on this forum will know of a solution.

Thanks
Answer
Answer

You can use the following macro to change the section color to any color you want: http://omeratay.com/onetastic/?r=macroland&id=D74DCCC616704349B2D4AD43147BE43D

Omer Atay
Principal Software Engineering Manager - OneNote

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 16,566 Applies to: