excel workbook not updating data with shared users.

I have an excel workbook that I share with other co-workers, the author has made changes but for some reason I am not able to see them. I saw them when I opened the workbook but when I switched sheets and went back to the main one the updated information was gone.

Hello, I’m Ajibola and I’m happy to help. This could be caused by various factors, such as: • Your workbook is not saved or refreshed after the author made the changes. • Your workbook is not synced with the online version of the file that the author updated. • Your workbook has filters or formulas that hide or overwrite the changes made by the author. To fix this issue, you can try one or more of the following solutions: View changes for the entire workbook 1. In the Review tab, select Show Changes. 2. Changes are shown in the pane with the most recent changes on top, in the order the changes were made. 3. You can see who made edits, exactly where in the workbook, when, and what they changed. 4. You can also see Changes made at once by clicking on See changes in a bulk card. Note: Show Changes tracks changes made from Windows Desktop, and Excel on the Mac, iPad, iOS and Android phones. You can see past changes for up to 60 days. Filter and see changes for a subset or range 1. Select any sheet, range or single cell. 2. Right-click to open the context menu and select Show Changes. Note: If you or others edit the workbook while this pane is open, select the See New Changes button to update the changes. The notification lets you stay in control when you want to refresh the list and not be distracted when reviewing changes. Filter changes from the Changes pane 1. At the top of the page, select the Filter icon. 2. Select Range or Sheet to filter the changes shown, and then do the following: a. To show a range or cell’s changes, select Range and enter the range or cell in the text box. Select the arrow icon next to the text box to confirm. Note: You might need to translate the page content in the link shared below. https://support.microsoft.com/office/show-changes-that-were-made-in-a-workbook-978ceea7-bbf6-4337-bca7-22e7cc9892e8 If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help! Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Kind regards. Ajibola.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 1,067 Applies to: