Excel problem when using a Mac

Has anyone come across this. All new spreadsheets unusable 

Hello Steve! I'm Jen, an independent advisor, I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

I'm sorry if you're having trouble with excel spreadsheet. Looks like it's showing text upside down. Does scrolling all the way down and then all the way up flips it back to normal?

Also, may I know what version of Excel you're using? Could you check if you have the latest one? Open your excel file. From the top menu bar, choose Help > Check For Updates.

Meanwhile, you may also check out this thread for the suggestions given by other users who encountered a similar problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Jen :)

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

Jen is new to the forum and Excel. Following the link Jen provided will not solve this for you.

The problem you are having is caused when you upgrade Mac OS to Catalina or Big Sur but failing to install the free update that is required. The fix is easy and simple:

Download a copy of the current version of AutoUpdate from this link, install and then run AutoUpdate to bring your installation to current update level, then restart your Mac. If the updater does not open automatically after download, double-click the downloaded .pkg file. Click this link to download the updater. The update is free.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=830196

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

55 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Jen

Hi

Welcome to Excel for Mac forum.

This is a well-known issue with a simple solution, as per my post.

Simply installing updates will fix it, but a new version of AutoUpdate app must be downloaded and installed. If a user goes to the Help menu and chooses Check for Updates, they will be told no updates are available, so you can't give advice to do that.

Whenever you see someone post that the Excel interface is upside down, you know it is because they upgraded Mac OS and did not install the new version of AutoUpdate. Keep this in your toolbox, because it happens a lot.

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 38,494 Applies to: