I'm trying to change, unsuccessfully, the regional settings for Excel Online.
- I am located in Belgium (national language: Dutch, French, German)
- My Windows is in English
- My Chrome browser is in English
- My Office 365 Language settings (from the top right gear menu in Office 365) is set to English
- Outlook.com is set in English (I don't even remember how I changed that in Office 365's maze of language settings)
- Word Online default proof language is English
- The interface of Excel Online is in English
YET, for some reason, my formulas in Excel Online are in Dutch.
And I have no idea how to change that to English.
Online searches point to menus that don't exist anymore. Some solutions point to Sharepoint, and indeed its interface is strangely set in Dutch too (WHY?). I don't have any sites defined, and I'm not really sure what's the connection between Sharepoint and the language of an Excel document. I didn't see any language settings there - as far as I could navigate through the unchangeable Dutch interface).
Considered the numerous questions that seem to pop up on this forum and other place about the weird language behaviour of Office 365, I think someone at MS seriously needs to consider redesigning this mess. To change the language of a single spreadsheet with your friends at Google's, you just need to go to Spreadsheet settings and choose your language of choice https://imgur.com/a/CuxPLxC. It shouldn't be more complex than this.
Anyway... what can I do to use formulas in English and not in Dutch?