Excel 2013 Installation fails to activate

The first installation of Excel 2013 [out of 25 activations] from a CD failed to complete activation properly, producing the result in the attached screen shot.  Have no idea why the activation cannot be completed. 

In the first place, the activation server says the product is not installed, which is strange, because I started the activation from INSIDE the application..... 

Additionally, , the activation code displayed when you press the "Display activation code" button inside the activation applet is different from the one that I entered at the beginning of the process. 

The error message from the activation server after clicking the ONLY option "Go to your account to install it" is shown in the screen shot.

In case the question should arise, 2013 is mandatory, since these machines are laboratory level machine interfaces working with proprietary software that the developers haven't had time to vet with 2016.  In addition, they are air-gapped from the world, since they are operating as machine controllers at a very intense level.

If anyone at the Microsoft level has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.  It could be noted that our parent is a massive bulk license customer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Office Community.

We understand how you feel about this issue, since the issue is related to Volume License installation of Office 2013, you may post your query in Volume Licensing support for better results.

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/how-to-buy/how-to-buy.aspx

If you have further questions related to this issue, please let me know.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the idea - and I went to that site - but it's not clear that this will work.  We have all individual activation codes - it just happens to be more than one, but even so, I can't even get one to activate properly.    I'm sympathetic to the fact that MS needs to forge ahead with new products; but abandoning recent releases is kind of leaving those of us in the real engineering and manufacturing world at somewhat of a disadvantage, since our systems vendors are dealing with machines and digital signal processor code that has long development schedules, not accounting departments or other human systems that can be updated easily and on relatively short notice . . . . . . . 

Any thoughts on what might be causing this error?    Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and

Kind regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 108 Applies to: