Evernote import, sync issues, account issues

I used the importer to import a 2000 page Evernote notebook. This is with the UWP version, connected to a work OneDrive account. For one section, I got a sync error 0xE0000007 and could not open that section, neither locally, nor through webaccess to my business onedrive.

I've read that signing out and back in to your account could fix issues like this. So, I signed out, but now I can no longer sign in to that account. After filling in my password, nothing happens... Restarting or completely resetting OneNote does not help.

I'd like to migrate to OneNote, but the sync is just too flaky. With other notebooks, when I tried to move pages from one section to another, the sync would also often get stuck, resulting in lost pages.

Also, when I tried to import an Evernote workbook, delete the resulting OneNote notebook, and then import the same Evernote workbook again, everytime I get errors like 

"We couldn’t import the following notes because The specified resource ID is in the wrong format."

The strange thing is that the notes it mentions are completely different for the different import attempts.

|

Hi urnammu,

Thank you for your message in this forum.

For the situation you encountered, I want to give you the suggestions below:

1. If only one section is having this issue, something might went wrong during the migration, you can try to export this section instead of the entire notebook and see if it works.
  2. For the sign in issue, If you are using OneNote for 2016, you can go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager > Click Windows Credentials > Under Generic Credentials, remove ALL credentials related with MicrosoftOffice16_Data.  

If you are using OneNote for Windows 10, you can go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school > select the account and click Disconnect.

If the problem persists, I want to confirm the information below:

1. Could you tell me if you are using OneNote for windows 10 or OneNote for 2016? Could you provide the version of your OneNote?
  2. You can go to OneNote Online to check if you can sign in successfully.
  3. For the sync issue, do all the notebooks have the same problem? You can create a new one to check if the same problem will occur.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you post a thread for each question,  so that members of our forum can better help you with each question you ask.

Regards,

Sukie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for getting back to me!

As I mentioned, I'm using the Windows 10 UWP version. It's the latest version from the store (16001.11629.20028.0) .

"Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school > select the account and click Disconnect." seems to have worked in sofar as now I see the new account and the notebooks appear in the "More notebooks..." list again. However, if I want to open one, I get "Sorry, we couldn't open the notes you were looking for. OneNote may still be syncing them, you may not have permission to open them, or they may have been moved or deleted."

I can open the notebooks just fine using the web interface or OneNote 2016.

With respect to the import, I cannot just import a single section, as these sections get created by the Evernote --> OneNote importer (e.g. pages 1500-1599). I've tried deleting and reimporting many times, but always the sync seems to go wrong at some point, including data loss or data duplication. I'm happy to privately share my Evernote notebooks with your engineers to help debug this, because as it stands, with the flaky sync and the data loss, I cannot really trust OneNote enough...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi urnammu,

Thank you for your updates. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issue. And I’m glad to solve the problem you encountered.

According to the situation you provided, we’d suggest you try to the suggestions below and hope that will help you:

1. You can clear all old credentials for Windows, you can click the Start menu > Type Credential Manager > Under Windows Credentials, clear off all credentials underneath of Generic Credentials and then restart your computer.
  2. If the suggestion above doesn’t work, you can uninstall and reinstall the OneNote to check if the same problem will occur. As steps shown below:

Click the Start menu and then type OneNote > Right-click the OneNote app for Windows and then choose Uninstall > Select Uninstall   to fully remove this application from your computer > Restart your device and once it boots up, go to your Microsoft Store app, search OneNote App and then click the Get button to install the application back on your computer > If the installation completed, launch the application and then log in your account to see if your notebooks are now available.

3.  For the issue of importer, have you opened it in OneNote for 2016 ? If not, you can open the Evernote notebooks in OneNote for 2016 to check if the same problem will occur. This will help you troubleshoot if it is caused by OneNote for Windows 10 itself.

At the same time, in order to help you better, could you provide the screenshots of your error message and all the issues you’re experiencing?

Regards,

Sukie

-----------------------
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, I now can open my notebooks again. The sync issue also occurs with imported notebooks in Outlook 2016. If anything, the problems seem to be even bigger there.

I suspect there is something in the importer which could be messing up the subsequent syncing. As I said, the error message is

"We couldn’t import the following notes because The specified resource ID is in the wrong format."

followed by a list of notes which is different each time I run the importer again from scratch. The fact that the problematic notes seem to be different each time, makes me suspect something weird is going in the importer which could mess up the subsequent sync.

Again, I'm very happy to privately share my Evernote database to your engineers to help debug this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi urnammu,

Thank you for taking the time to test according to my advice.

I have provided the troubleshooting steps above to narrow down the issue, according to the error message and description you provided, it may be related to the OneNote importer tool. I understand that you want to solve the problem, however, there may not be enough resources on our side to help you solve the issue, so we kindly suggest you contact phone support via this link, they will help you do further investigation and queries. You can provide the notebook to them as well.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Sukie

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 28, 2019 Views 253 Applies to: