Error in to open/edit word files from microsoft team via desktop apps

Hi..
I get an error everytime I tried to open/edit word files in microsoft teams via desktop app (the circled function below):

and here is the error I got everytime I click the open in desktop app button

this happens only for word file but not powerpoint or excel..
How to solve this?
which repair should I run? How to do it?

|

Hi Hazelnut208, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Leo, a user just like you. I'd be happy to help you with your concern. May I know which Microsoft Office version you are currently using? May I also know what changes were made that might be causing the issue? For this issue, as part of the troubleshooting steps, I recommend repairing using the online repair tool. Follow the steps below: "1. Access this link to download the Office repair tool. Link: https://aka.ms/SaRA-officeUninstallFromPC 2. Download and install it, then open to run. Tip: The tool may take a few minutes to download and install. After completing the installation, the Uninstall Office products window will open. 3. Select the version you want to uninstall, and then select Next. 4. Follow through the remaining screens and when prompted, restart your computer. After you restart your computer, the uninstall tool automatically re-opens to complete the final step of the uninstall process. Follow the remaining prompts. 5. Select the steps for the version of Office you want to install or reinstall. Close the uninstall tool." After you completed the steps to repair, you will need to restart your computer and try to access your Microsoft Word again. In case the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know. We the community users are always here to help. Thank you! I pulled the above steps from Official Microsoft Support website. For reference, here's the link below: https://support.microsoft.com/office/7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope I provided a helpful information regarding your concern! Let me know if you have any further questions. Be safe always! Best Regards, Leo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The suggestion in the error message is to run an Online Repair of Office; see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.. thank you so much Leo for your prompt response..
I am not really sure why this happened in the first place...
I think it might be related to a firewall or antivirus that blocked the pathway from MS teams (I am using ms teams work and school by the way, not the classic one) to MS words in the desktop.. but I don't know how to check it...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

unfortunately repair/reset does not help.
(i repaired and reset, office, teams as well as the antivirus app)
along with the error message, i also noticed that the process is blocked by the windows security everytime I tried to open word files from MS teams (school and work) using dekstop app.
This is not happening is the file is excel or powerpoint or PDF. only word files.

everytime I tried to open the file, it just create a new process, and it is blocked.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

RAV Endpoint Protection is not included with Windows. You can uninstall it and use the built-in antivirus and firewall components of Windows instead.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 49 Applies to: