error 80090030

When I want to log in in my office365 account I get the message: Your comoputrs TPM has malfunctioned. With errorcode 80090030.

The account of my girlfriend is working, mine not with above error.

How can I fix this problem?

Answer
Answer

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the trouble caused at your end.

As per the error message provided in the screenshot, the problem could be related to the TPM on your computer. First, you can refer to this article: Update your security processor (TPM) firmware for updating the Trusted Platform Module.

If the problem persists, we request you follow the below steps and check the outcome:

a. Close the Office applications (before closing, if you are signed in with any Office accounts, please sign out)

b. Open Control Panel> Credential Manager> Windows Credentials> Remove the credentials related to Microsoft Office.

c. Click on Windows + R> Enter regedit.

d. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft >Office > 16.0 >Common > Identity

e. Inside "Identity", create a new REG_DWORD (Type) value called "EnableADAL" (Name) and leave the value at 0 (Data)

Note: Right Click on the mouse> Click New> DWORD (32 bit) value.

f. Restart the PC and try again to login from Office applications.

If still error message persists, we would like to collect the screenshot of the Office applications Account page (Open any Office application> Account> Take a complete screenshot). Moreover, can you sign in to the Office portal in the browser?

Appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Chitrahaas

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2020 Views 5,391 Applies to: