Error 1923. Service 'Office Software Protection Platform' (osppsvc) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Attempt to install MS Office Pro Plus 2010

Error 1923. Service 'Office Software Protection Platform' (osppsvc) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.   [Abort    Retry   Ignore]
I have had Office 2010 trial installed along with MS Office Pro 2003 simultaneously. Unfortunately removed the trial version of 2010 via ADD/REMOVE programs.  
Have uninstalled all MS Office products, except MS Project  2010
Got through first Error 1920 with MS FIX IT and attempted corrections manually and using FIX IT for this problem
Have tried several options including  services.msc Changing OSPPSVC to automatic in startup and Log On to Local System account

Have run: cacls "J:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" /t /e /p "Network Service":F

Have right clicked on the set-up icon and run as Administrator, even though I have always attempted to run it from the administrator account.

This is a Home/Office computer running Win XP Pro SP3

Rebooted after every change at some 25+ attempts to install this software

I am at my wits end as I now have no software to work with office wise and need a solution. Any Valid other suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with installing Office 2010 and receive error 1923.   

To resolve the issue, let us restart the computer in Windows XP clean boot and then try installing Office 2010 there.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Note: Ensure to restart the computer to Normal mode after troubleshooting.

You may also refer to the following thread which discuss a similar issue and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/error-1920-1923-when-installing-office-2010/60f052fc-938d-456a-842f-2c6017f01a60

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 13,399 Applies to: