Error: 0x800CCC1A. Cannot send emails in Outlook 2013

Original Title: Office 2013

I'm unable to send emails via Office 2013 using @talktalk.net emails - the error message I get is 0x800CCC1A - any help or suggestions to resolve would be appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello TaylorStewart,

Generally this issue occurs, if you are using an SSL type of encrypted connection to send emails.

Let us try the following steps to disable the option and then verify the results:

Click on File, Info, Account settings, Account settings and then Email.

Click to select the e-mail account and then click on Change.

In the Change Account window, click on More Settings and then Advanced tab.

Under Outgoing server (SMTP), change the type of encrypted connection to None and then click on OK.

If issue still persists, then you may remove and re-add the email account in Outlook and check.

Refer to the following link ‘Set up email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013’ and check:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/support/set-up-email-in-outlook-2010-or-outlook-2013-HA102823161.aspx

I hope this fixes the issue. If you still have issues, you may reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the following error message and nothing seems to help. I can receive but not send.  My ISP says that I have a corrupted file in MS OFFICE 2013.  I reloaded from Volume Licensing and still get this error message.  Please help

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the following error message and nothing seems to help. I can receive but not send.  My ISP says that I have a corrupted file in MS OFFICE 2013.  I reloaded from Volume Licensing and still get this error message.  Please help

Hello Stephanie,

The error messages that you have provided is related to incorrect account setting. So, you may verify the account settings used to setup the email account in Outlook.

Ideally unchecking the option ‘This server requires a secure connection SSL’ in the Outlook Account Settings would resolve the issue. So, you may verify if you have the option enabled or disabled in the Account Settings window and verify the results.

If issue persists, you may reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I just updated the windows 8.1 Pro new patches today and suddenly my email cannot send and received at all.  The error code shown is 0x800CCC1A for both sending and receiving.  I have not change any setting on my email during the updating of patches.  I double check the email settings and seem to me all are correct, but it just does not work.  If I check it without SSL it will work for both sending and receiving.  Why?  Can you help?

Regards,

Seng Huat

Guan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I just updated the windows 8.1 Pro new patches today and suddenly my email cannot send and received at all.  The error code shown is 0x800CCC1A for both sending and receiving.  I have not change any setting on my email during the updating of patches.  I double check the email settings and seem to me all are correct, but it just does not work.  If I check it without SSL it will work for both sending and receiving.  Why?  Can you help?

Regards,

Seng Huat

Hi Seng,

I was having the exact same issue on a laptop. What antivirus are you running?

In my case, the machine was running BitDefender and when you go into the setting and disable "Scan SSL", email came through again.

It's worth noting I also had to go into the profile (File > Account Settings), select the email account, and Repair the profile.

Just posting in case it helps you with your issue (assuming you're running the same AV). Good luck!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for the pointer.

Yes, I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2015.  By disabled the Scan SSL, Outlook email work. Question, by disable the Scan SSL will this compromise the security?

Regards,

Seng

Guan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Girish,

I am having the same problem. I have tried most fixes in this forum and others, called the service provider (Bigpond - Australia), checked Outlook 2010 settings correct however am unable to send/receive e-mails (since Thu 13). AV is Bitdefender 15, OS Win8.1. Any assistance is appreciated. 

Thank you

Update 11/16/14: Checked disable SSL scan in Bitdefender, closed program. Re-launched Bitdefender, unchecked SSL scan again, launched Outlook and tested send/receive OK. Outlook is back to normal.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In my case, the machine was running BitDefender and when you go into the setting and disable "Scan SSL", email came through again.

Hello this worked for me. 

I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2015.

Changing the setting in BD got my mail in Outlook 2013 working again. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for the pointer.

Yes, I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2015.  By disabled the Scan SSL, Outlook email work. Question, by disable the Scan SSL will this compromise the security?

Regards,

Seng

Seng,

Disabling SSL Scanning will not compromise your security. Many AV programs don't come with this option, in fact.

BitDefender (which is a personal favourite of mine) just has this feature to scan encrypted connections (Websites that begins with "https").

You can safely turn it off. Glad it worked for you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having same issue with Outlook 2013 / Yahoo. A repair returns "An encrypted connection to you mail server is not available".

Any suggestions what to try. This started since latest Win 8.1 upgrade (not sure it this is just a coincident though)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2023 Views 15,754 Applies to: