error 0x8004210E on outlook 2013

I have Outlook 2013 and go to access my emails but get a message error 0x8004210E that my mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or another mail app is accessing it. Does this mean someone is accessing my email account? It happens throughout the day. I have no other computers that would be accessing that account. Thanks.
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need more information. Let us know the following.

What is the type of email account you have setup in Outlook 2013? For example POP3, IMAP, Exchange Active Sync (EAS) or Microsoft Exchange. To check the type of email account configured in Outlook 2013 click on File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings drop-down. EAS account refers to Hotmail.com, Outlook.com or Live.com email accounts.

Do you have an Anti-Virus/Security Software package installed on the computer? If yes, try disabling the incoming and outgoing email scan feature on the Anti-Virus/Security Software package and check if it helps to resolve this issue.

Note: You can keep the email scan feature on your Anti-Virus//Security Software disabled as the basic Anti-Virus scan feature should be enough to provide protection.

If the above step does not work, login to your email account on the web (webmail) and make sure to delete any emails which are large in size (more than 1 MB).

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 991 Applies to: