Endless loop videos in powerpoint 2016/365 stopp prematurely in presentation mode (Win 10)

I give regular presentation with powerpoint since >15 years and I am an experienced user (starting with MS DOS and all windows and ppt versions). I usually present short video loops of a few seconds length which show medical images (ultrasound, echocardiography, exported from GE Echo Pac workstations in MS Video 1 codec) and which are typically shown in endless loop.

Since some time, I assume since Windows 10, I have problems with looped videos - this problem has been reported by several other persons! When I insert a video in pptx and set it to "endless loop" and "play until next slide" the video plays perfectly in normal mode, but not in presentation mode.

The video will play for 1-3 loops, sometimes a bit longer, and then stopp suddently. Usually it then can not be restarted by a mouse click. The presentation has to be advanced to the next slide and then back again, the video will play again for a few loops and then stopp etc etc 

- this issue occurs independently of the video codec with MS Video1 = MS-CRAM AND with WMV etc.

- it can be observed on different computers with Intel graphics and with Nivida graphic adapters (Lenovo ThinPad T450s, ASUS Zenbook UX31, MS Surface Book Performance base w/ NIVIDIA)

- this occurs with my standard pptx template, but also with a fresh pptx file/template.

Newest updates installed - Office 365. 

Very frustrating!

PS please DO NOT give me the typical advice how to insert videos! As written, I am a user with longstanding "regular" ppt and pptx experience! I also know who to convert videos, create videos, insert, compress etc etc 

<The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator>

Answer
Answer

Hello, apologies for your experience with PowerPoint. We are aware of this issue and are working on providing a fix.

Thank you!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2024 Views 3,392 Applies to: