Embed a video in PowerPoint with a start and end time.

Does anyone know how to embed a video in PowerPoint with a start and end time? The code I used starts the video at the designated point but does not end the video at the designated point.

Because the video is from YouTube, it does not allow me to trim it in PPT using playback.

I have tried a few the codes that worked in previous versions of PPT but not in PPT 365.

• ?start=0&end=9

• ?start=0&end=9&

• ?start=0&end=9

Any assistance would be appreciated, please no snarky comments, thanks.

Hi MS Geek12426,

Thanks for using Microsoft products and posting in the community, I'm glad to offer help.

According to your description, I tested on my side and got the same result: I cannot control the end time for the embedded YouTube video.

However, I noticed that when we get the embed code from YouTube, there is no option to control the end time.

Thus, I wonder if the control of the start time and end time of the video is determined by YouTube API rather than PowerPoint.

To further narrow down the cause, since you said that " it worked in previous versions of PPT", could you please test it using that version to check the outcome?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Arck

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Arck,

I do not have an older version of PPT to test the code. I relied on the comments from people on the pages I obtain the codes from. The codes does work for sharing a link for a snippet of a video, just not for embedding a video (with an end point) in PPT.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi MS Geek12426,

Sorry for the late response due to out of the office.

If the same code can work correctly on other platforms except the current version of PowerPoint, there may be some compatibility issues between PowerPoint and YouTube API.

In this case, would you mind sending feedback within PowerPoint to report the problem to the relevant team? It would be helpful to help Office improve the products, your understanding and contribution will be highly appreciated: How do I give feedback on Microsoft Office? - Office Support

Best Regards,

Arck

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely do that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,138 Applies to: