Email Error Recipient Client host blocking

Hi,

Of late, when I send some messages to Kermel.com domain addresses I get the following error message:

Error Details
Reported error: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [***removed for privacy***]blocked using b.barracudacentral.org; Client host blocked using Barracuda Reputation, see http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1&ip=(***removed for privacy***)
Retry count: 1
DSN generated by: PN1PR01MB0205.INDPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Remote server: zimbra.kermel.com

The recipient email server's security settings are rejecting my mails only when I send from my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.

I had this email account from Airtel in India who are now hosting email services based on an Office 365 platform. The actual email allotted to me from the Airtel hand over is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is an 'alias' email which works fine except wit the Kermel.com domain.

I use this email ID for my business correspondence and have been doing so for many years without any problems. This problem of Client Host Blocking by Barracuda has been going on for about 1 year now and I am unable to over come it.

I would really appreciate your help to solve this problem as it is causing me a lot of aggravation and inconvenience.

Is there a help number I can call to get this problem resolved ?

Regards,

Saleh Salim

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

[Moved from: Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Unknown/other]

Hi Saleh,

We need additional details to address your concern with sending emails. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using Office 365 for Business? If not, which build and version of Office are you using? Click here for instructions on how to find your Office build and version.
  • How are you accessing your email, using Outlook.com or using the Outlook desktop app?
  • Which email protocol are you using, POP3, IMAP, Exchange?
  • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?

We will be waiting for your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Kristine,

I am using Outlook 2010. I am copying below the email received from Airtel about the migration to the Microsoft platform to help you understand the background:

Namaste !

At the outset, we thank you for your continuous patronage.

We are happy to announce the launch of support service for the airtelmail service which is scheduled to be discontinued from 21-Feb-13. Under this support service you shall be able to continue to use your present email ID, subject to the terms below. If you do not wish to migrate to the new service, your present email ID will stop working from 21-Feb-13 as per our last communication.

Key features of service available on new technology

1. Airtelmail powered by Microsoft

2. Reliable, stable and professional platform

To-Do: If you want to continue with service available on new technology platform powered by Microsoft

If you wish to opt-in for the new service, you just need to follow the simple steps listed below:

1. Share your consent from your airtelmail email ID at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***on or before 6-Feb-13, failing which your services will not be migrated to our new platform (In case of multiple airtel mail email ID’s, please share individual consent from all email ID’s you wish to continue). Your email will be considered as your consent and confirmation to continue with the email ID with revised T&C’s and applicable charges.
  2. Upon receiving your confirmatory email, further details on how to avail the new service will be shared within 15 days.
  3. Subject line to give your consent on our *** Email address is removed for privacy ***should be : CONTINUE AIRTELMAIL
  4. Please mention your DSL ID/ fixedline no. in the consent email
  5. Your monthly charges will be Rs.112/email ID
  6. airtelmail service is available on below terms & conditions

Important Terms and Conditions for availing Migration Services

1. This support service on new platform is provided in order to provide you with services functionally similar to existing services.
  2. This transfer from existing service to new platform is expected to take a minimum of 72 hours during which time period; you will not be able to use your mail id.
  3. Airtel shall make best efforts to ensure that the services on new platform shall be principally similar to the current services, however, please note that changes in user interface and some product features are expected. Airtel makes no representation or warranty that the service on new platform shall be similar or equivalent to the existing services and you are requested to please evaluate and verify the sufficiency of this support services on new platform for your purposes prior to use.
  4. Only data space upto 1GB shall be available from the existing services to the support service on new platform so you are requested to archive/ delete data accordingly. Airtel shall not be liable for any data loss associated with such migration.
  5. Airtel shall make best efforts to provide you with the same domain name, i.e."airtelmail.in" and the same user ids as you availed under the existing services subject to availability and technical feasibility. Airtel makes no representation or warranty that the same username and/or domain name shall be available with the support services on new platform.
  6. Support service on new platform may be withdrawn by Airtel with or without notice at any time. You shall be required to accept the respective EULA and other similar documentation with respect to the support service on new platform and any terms and conditions associated with such this service, including the terms and conditions of the EULA, shall be deemed to be included within these Terms.
  7. Any dispute relating to these terms shall be settled in accordance with Indian law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts situated at New Delhi.

To-Do: If you don’t want the new service

If you do not wish to opt-in for the new service, we request you to take back-up of your email ID before 21st February 2013 post which you will not be able to access your email account.

For any further queries, your may call 121 (50p/call for agent assistance) or write to us at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

airtel appreciates your business and welcomes your feedback/suggestions.

Warm Regards,

bharti airtel limited

I think, this problem is occurring because *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is an 'alias' email ID. Could you please confirm ?

I would also like to know how this problem can be solved.

Thanks & regards,

Saleh Salim

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Saleh,

For us to better assist you with this concern, kindly answer the questions being asked by Kristine Arp in our previous post. Doing so will also help us in providing you with the most appropriate solution, or if we need to refer you to a different department, we will be able to direct you to the correct one.

Reply to us with the information so that we can assist you better.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 886 Applies to: