Editing and Saving Master Pages in Publisher

I have a basic master page that keeps appearing in each new document (Master Page A).  It is not complete, so I want to edit it so I can save it and use it in all future documents. (I have a template, but I need a master page so I can insert it when I add new pages.)

Each time I create a new document and need to insert a page, Master Page A comes up.  I edit it to add the remaining items, but there is no Save button -- only a Close button.  I have tried creating a new master page (Master Page B), but there doesn't seem to be any way to save it.

As a result, with every Publisher document I create, I have to edit Master Page A.  How can I edit and save Master Page A or create and save Master Page B?

(I can't find any existing Help Document that explains how to do this, and I have looked a lot!)

Thanks.

Hi Lynn,

To save the custom templates, I would like to suggest you try the following steps:

1. Launch Publisher>File>Options>Save.
  2. Enter a path as Default personal templates location and click OK to save. (In my test, I entered C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Custom Office Templates\).
  3. When you have edit a master page and want to save it, click File>Save as>choose the default personal templates location just entered>choose Publisher Template (*.pub)
  4. Click File>New>PERSONAL, you can choose the custom template you created.

Regards,

Zixuan 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This didn't do anything for me.  I followed your instructions.  When I got to Step 4, there was no option for File>New>Personal.  So I saved it in the local directory as a template named Personal.  But I already have a template for this project.  That didn't do anything to give me the edited master page I'm looking for.  When I create a new document and insert a page -- Page Design -- Master Page is still the same old basic Master Page A.  I don't want to have to edit Master Page A for every project.  They all use the same design as the template.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lynn,

As for the fourth step, I mean that you may launch Publisher>File>New, you will see a PERSONAL tab like the picture below:

Regards,

Zixuan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lynn,

Could you share the status at your convenience?

Regards,

Zixuan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 8, 2023 Views 2,390 Applies to: