Drag & drop in updated Outlook

Hello

I have Office 365 and my Outlook has been updated very recently. I'm not sure the new layout is as good as the last but I'll no doubt get used to it. One obvious change however is the ability to 'drag and drop' seems to have been lost - eg dragging a recently read email into a folder using the left mouse key. When I try to do this there is no dragging and no dropping. Obviously I can still select the email, and move it 'manually' via drop down menus but this is painfully slow. Is this a bug awaiting a fix or a design feature of the Outlook update? If the former then do you know when it is likely to be fixed? If it is the latter then please consider re-introduction for a later update

|

Hi AlanDodds,

As you said after you upgraded the outlook client, the “Dragging and Dropping” feature is not working, I did a lot of research about if there is a problem  about the “ Dragging and Dropping” which is need to be fixed in the new version, however I found limited information.  Anyway, concerned the “ Dragging and Dropping” is not working after upgrading the outlook, and you can use the “ Move” button to manually move emails to other folder. First, you can try to run the office online repair and check if the issue disappears. For more details, please refer to Repair an Office application.

Moreover, you can try to open the outlook client with Safe Mode, and check if you could use the “Dragging and Dropping” in the Safe Mode. For your reference Open Outlook in safe mode.

If the suggestions above don’t work, I’d like to collect some more information for further investigation:

1.       The version of your outlook client, please click File > Office Account and take a full screenshot about the version to me.

2.       What types account you are using in the outlook? Office 365 account, Gmail, Outlook.com account etc.

3.       When you drag and drop, do you meet any prompting message? If so, please provide it to me, thanks.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi AlanDodds,

Do you refer to my suggestions above to have a try?

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Oliver

Thanks for your email and I apologise for no replying sooner.

Sadly the remedy suggested was unsuccessful. I followed the online office repair instruction and midway through the process, the process cancelled itself. I assumed everything would just be as it was but MS Office had actually been deleted from my computer. I was not able to reinstall this until the following day. It is now reinstalled but the drag and drop problem is still there. I do not like to live with the problem but it is better to do this than to run the risk of losing of Office. Anyway I thank you for your efforts.

Alan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

May I know have you tried for the outlook Safe Mode? If not please refer to my previous reply to open the outlook with safe mode and check if you could use “ Dragging and Dropping” to move emails to other folders in the safe mode.

Moreover, as you said the issue occurred after you upgrading the version of your outlook client, please provide a full screenshot about the version of outlook client to me for further investigation, thanks.

If you got any other updates, welcome to share with me.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alan,

If you got any updates, welcome to share with me.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Oliver

Going back to my last point. I need my computer to be reliable and I am not willing to experiment further. I will live with the drag and drop restriction rather than risk making things worse

Thanks again

Alan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alan,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused by the current issue, and we are willing to help you do some more research for the current issue.  If you need further help, please provide the detailed information which we talked before to me. And then I can do some more research for you, thanks.

Your understanding and patience are highly valued.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2020 Views 871 Applies to: